Thursday, December 5, 2013

Update: House Hunting and Organizing

I think the organization bug has fully hit me.  Currently my husband and I are looking for a house to buy and this is really getting me in the mood to clean out all the clutter and junk in my apartment now.  I have a list of projects that I want to get to do before we move out so it will make the process of moving easier for us, and we won’t have to haul as much to our new home.

I have completed organizing and cleaning our storage room and the closet in Kingston’s room.

My lists of projects that I still have yet to finish:
Kitchen cabinets
Refrigerator
Hallway Closet
Bathroom
Cabinet in our bedroom -- This is a project that my loving husband has to help me with since he’s a hoarder.  Okay, not really.  Most of the stuff in there is his junk and I could really use the space to maximize the storage around our 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment.

I found that the key to becoming more organized is just getting rid of the stuff you don’t want/use/love etc… Donate, trash, give away, or if it’s something that a family member wants, recycle or upcycle it and give it as a gift—Christmas is just around the corner. 

For example, my husband and I have a giant movie collection.  We don’t watch all the movies so a couple of times a year we purge through the movies and offer them to a few friends or my sister and let them take what they want.  Normally we have a garage sale once or twice during the summer.  We will hold on to what is left between the garage sales and then donate them at the end of summer.  With my husband and I moving soon (hopefully) we’ll maybe have one in the spring to help de-clutter and make moving easier for us.

For now, I’ll keep organizing and de-cluttering and keep you posted on the house hunting along the way.


Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment